Sunday, August 2, 2009

"No, words are free"

aaallrighty. so last night by the time I got close to a computer I was waay too tired to blog. Seems I'm exhausted a mighty bunch these days.
Yesterday.
Well on Friday I left my phone at the Art Show, now I have a tendency to lose my expensive electronics that I save up for and pay for myself. This for me is a tragedy, and it happens a lot. I feel like a massive failure when I lose something I worked so hard to get, usually b/c it easily could've been prevented. So anyways, Friday night I find out I don't have my phone (after I blogged) and get extremely upset, also doing to the fact that I haven't been sleeping well lately. So I go to bed, sleep on it... it'll get better that sort of thing. Well that backfired.
I woke up yesterday morning at 7 and almost cried. I laid in my bed for about 20 minutes just feeling helpless and like there was no way I could get up and face this stupid day.
Eventually I did, I went from my bed to the shower, slamming doors as I went. When I reached the shower I couldn't help but to believe... I never thought I'd get here. Then as soon as I was dressed Hazen walked in the door, smiling. I just walked up and hugged him, still feeling rotten. Then we got a ride up to Barb's w/ my dad, and began to babysit ! It was actually fine, because Stephen and his friend were there and the 26 year olds made our job a lot easier. The kids practicly ignored us =]
Then we jumped in my dad's vehicle and got a ride to the skate board park, where we hung for about 2 hours.
It wasn't too warm, actually the wind was kind of cold and the kids got bored of the empty park after about 20 minutes, but we stuck through and it was actually a good morning. We goofed off, Hazen pulling my on Cale's skateboard... me almost falling still. We ate the lunch I'd packed, all suffering through the mom-enforced organic peanut butter. Then we walked to Stone Pipe.
Hazen, Cale and Dalton got some icecream and I started work, they ate it slow... wasting as much time as possible. Then they headed off to the park for 15 minutes, need it to be 2!
Now usually I wouldn't cover my shift but I'm going too. There's a new waitress, Rachel who as soon as I got there started to get "sick". She sat down and "fainted" pretty unconvincingly. Laura (the other waitress who was bruised from head to toe from a previous night's car crash) and I just told her to go, we'd handle it. We all thought it would be fine, we weren't very busy. Almost as soon as Rachel left we got slammed. Laura and I both waitressed and bussed, running/making rood. We were basicly blowing that shit up. Fucking rockstars.
The slam lasted longer than usual and at 4 o'clock Meagan walked into the slowing of a frenzy. I was able to sign out, exhausted, at 445 and then waited for Laura to figure out tips. B/c I was waitressing as well and ultimately doing most of the work b/c of Laura's injured back I walked away with $55 worth of tips. $55 in 3.25 hours, as well as my salary @ 9$ an hour. Fuck yeah.
Now lately I've been feeling really frusterated, but "going for a run" couldn't help b/c I felt to down and out. I needed some other form of hard work which I just wasn't getting from work these days b/c it's been so slow. But I got it, and at the end of the shift I felt exhausted but amazing.
Then I went to Hazen's, we had a great dinner and Charmaine invited me to brunch w/ them on Monday @ the MyChosen Cafe !! Then we watched Fool's Gold, Hazen and I being extremely goofy and most likely annoying Damien. I headed home 'round 9, and was asleep by 10.
Then I woke up this monring at 11. 13 hours of sleep and I'm feelin much better !
Just milling around the house today, then work tonight =]

No comments:

Post a Comment