Saturday, August 15, 2009

Don't Forget.

If there's one thing I think we all need to remember it's this ;
while you've never done this before, neither have they.
With the rollercoaster that the past 24 hours have been I sat talking w/ my mom in the car in the driveway and our conversation turned deep. We were talking about Hazen and I, and this stupid babysitting thing, and conversations my mom's been having w/ his. She started talking from the parent's point of view so I interrupted and said,
"yeah you guys haven't parented 15 year olds before but we haven't been 15 year olds before."
It struck me how true those words are, I mean they sound very cliche but stop right now if you're reading this and read that sentence again.
Read it slowly, and think about it. Here I'll even type it again for you
"yeah you guys haven't parented 15 year olds before but we haven't been 15 year olds before."

While you go through your life mainly thinking of yourself there's one thing that you have to remember, today is never going to exist again. 1048 August 15 2009 will never again exist. Now I've never before been in this minute, but neither has anyone else.
No one has already lived today, and while you might have done something already another person might not have. Remember that while you don't know what the day is going to bring, neither does the person you're engaging w/.

No comments:

Post a Comment