Tuesday, August 18, 2009

high topssss

I know, I know ! You're thinking "what the heck is w/ this girl ? she's blogged twice already today ! Give us a break !" Sorry 'bout that !
Today was good, I sat around and did nothing for a while... drank some tea. Then went downstairs to do some more painting, the shelves are almost done. 4 more shelves need a 2nd coat, that might sound like a lot... but compared to before it's not ! I'm really pleased w/ how the room's coming along... I'm also especially pleased that after talking to my mom I am potentially moving down there next week ! Once we finish the floors, it's all mine.
This is a big step, moving downstairs. It's moving away from the family, and is a huge leap towards independance. I know it and my mom knows it, and it scares the shit out of both of us. I'm really excited though; it's a huge room w/ it's own private entrance although that does mean you must go outside to come upstairs. It also means I could have visitors, or sneak out in the middle of the night and no one would ever know. It's a big step, and one I'm eager to make... I'm most likely going to sleep down there tonight... slightly nerve racking !
Today my mom took my Grandma to the Piercy Hotel for Seniors, we've got 10 whole days ahead of us... Grandma-Free ! I love my Grama but lately she's really unpleasant to be around. Have you ever babysat a 5 year old and everything you say/ask them to do they outright refuse to do it, only b/c you asked them too ? Well she's gotten into that habit, refusing to eat nutritionaly, refusing to take her pills in the morning or at night, refusing to do things that she needs to do including apply medication to a few injuries. W/ my Grama gone the atmosphere in the house is completely different... my mom's a lot happier. It makes me think that next time an opportunity for my Grama to stay at a home comes up... my mom will take it.
I've gotten over the comments from Gabbie and James. I've decided that there's nothing I can do about it, if they don't like me they don't like me but I know that what I've got w/ Hazen is real and there's no point trying to convince everyone else. I guess it just stuck w/ me so much b/c it's scary when some one calls you out on your deepest fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment