Thursday, August 13, 2009

sparkle, sparkle ginger gold

So last night was a dream come true.
I headed over to Hazen's house about 4 b/c that's when my mom was heading into Sooke. I had my outfit in my bag, ready to go ! I met Hazen's Grandma Claudette and his younger cousin Emma. Claudette seems pretty cool, she's about 60 - 65 I'd guess and has a French accent. She's the kind of woman who's still up for black berry picking and hanging out w/ her grandchildren.
Emma seems really nice, she's 3 years younger than Hazen and I and seems really nice =] She isn't as shy as the rest of the family haha
(warning, I'm going to risk sounding like a total stalker in this paragraph) Now I've met all but 2 members of Hazen's family, which is amazing. Mark and Sharon have Dean and Shannon. Dean's married to Charmaine who have Hazen, Damien and Madeleine. Shannon's married to Sean and they have a young son Ryland. Charmaine's mom Claudette has her and 1 other, who then has Emma. Yeah, creeper I know. I really like Hazen's family, they're unlike any family I've ever met... they're so welcoming and loving even though I'm not really part of the family. There's been numerous occasions where I've been the only non-Price.
One of my favorite memories was walking into Hazen's house when Shannon, Sean and Ryland were visiting and Shannon grabbed me and hugged me right as I came in the door. It made me want to cry, how much she just accepted me. It was amazing, and still brings tears to my eyes.
Oh my gosh look how off topic I've gotten...
Anyways so we hung around at Hazen's for a while, watched Dog The Bounty Hunter w/ Damien then I got changed at 540. I walked back into the TV room and Hazen's jaw literally dropped. The outfit made me feel like a million bucks but the look on his face made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.
We went to Markus's, and it was amazing. We walked around a bit before b/c we were a bit early for our reservation. Standing in the golden sun set light in a pretty dress I felt amazing. Hazen paused, and took a picture of me. I guess I looked good, haha. We sat at the best table in the place, and drank cranberry juice and coke out of big wine glasses.
The food was amazing, unlike anything I've ever tasted before. We stayed there for about an hour and 45 minutes, eating and talking. Laughing and trying our hardest to figure out which fork to use. The view was amazing, and the sunset spectacular. We watched the gulls fly over and laughed at the idea of a marine trailer park.
After dinner we walked up Maple Ave, and randomly saw Jeff biking out of his driveway. We walked together, arm in arm. I felt amazing. A bit cold but amazing. We went back to his place and watched a bad movie w/ his family.

It was a dream come true night, and at the end I felt full. Full of amazing food, full of life, love and happiness.

1 comment: