Friday, August 7, 2009

don't spend your life waiting to live

So today Hazen and I dragged our sorry asses out of bed early and went ziplining ! It was a lot of fun, but I was a little dissapointed. Do you ever have the feeling that you're faking it all ? Like not to the world, but to yourself ? Like you can no longer feel a full range of emotions but instead of admitting it to yourself you just insert them b/c you've felt them before so you know how to create them... but then you're creating them not just feeling them.
Anywho, for those of you who aren't stunted like me ziplining would be great ! It's really not as extreme as I thought it would be, well except for one zip. Definetly worth it though, although Hazen was sick =[
That poor boy, he seems to get sick a lot. Well Damien gets sick a lot, then passes it along to Hazen... who you'd think would give it to me but it doesn't work that way. I don't get sick from him, not even mono. Today after ziplining we went back to his place and his mom unceremoniously left us alone. She left at 1215 and didn't return 'till about 5, although Dean came home at about 3. Anyways, after she left we were responsable little 'uns and watched Space Balls w/ Damien & Madeleine. Hazen curled up in my arms, usually I curl up in his but when he's sick we switch.
After the movie we went downstairs, and settled in to the couch in the office/computer room/woodstove room. Hazen was deteriorating fast, so we just cuddled on the couch. As we cuddled I could see his eyelids drooping so before he full-pull fell asleep I got up and grabbed the 1st Harry Potter book from his room. I began to read and we cuddled, w/in minutes he was fast asleep. It was so adorable, it felt amazing to cradle him in my arms while he slept soundly. I lost myself in the world of Harry Potter but not as much as usual... reality was just too good to leave completely behind.
After about 20 or 30 minutes he awoke, and his dad drove me home and took him to work. The poor thing will be coughin' all over the dishes. I hope he's doing okay.
When I got home I headed downstairs and I've painted the main wall in my brother's old room. I'm really enjoying having a project, 2 actually. I also started a new page in my scrap book.
Well the paint is most likely dry enough for a 2nd coat now so I shall run along, and embelish in the creativity !

No comments:

Post a Comment