Sunday, September 13, 2009

I used to get high for a living.

So I'm absolutely in love w/ this instrumental piece called Ocean by JBT (John Butler Trio) and the only thing that I don't like about it is that I have no way to reference it in my facebook status, twitter updates or msn name. Like when you're listening to an amazing song you just put your favorite lyrics into your update and then everyone gets the jist of it... I wish there was some way I could put a miniature of the sheet music for Ocean onto the computer. That'd be wicked.
For any and all of you who don't know who JBT is and have therefore never listened to Ocean in particular ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VAkOhXIsI0 There you go. Watch it, all of it. It's amazing to the last second and you should wear a helmet also... to prevent the splattering of your brain.
So yesterday went allright, it was blazin' hot !! We all got up (me earlier than I would have liked, it's hard to sleep w/ a cold) and lazed around a bit. My mom left early and my dad left earlier so it was just me, Dave & Onofre (my appologies for spelling it wrong previously). We went in about 1 to the Fall Fair/Bike Show/Chilli Cook-Off/Sookeini Race. I think our little shin-dig blew their mind, espescially Onofre's. Dave ate more chilli than he could handle, and Onofre loved the photography section of the fair. We all voted for Brody's Dad's bike at the Bike Show and laughed as one of the zucinni racers blew up their zuc w/ an illegal firework. Hazen joined us at the Chilli Cookoff, so he missed the bikes but got to expirience everything else =]
Then we went back to my place after renting a movie (alien vs. predator), the boys went downstairs and had a nap while I whooped Hazen's ass at Spite & Malice ! Hazen's amazing, but when it comes to cards .... haha.
Then we ate dinner (we told the exchange students it was skunk... took them a bit to figure out it was ham) and watched Alien vs. Predator. Dave had seen it before, Hazen thought it was funny, Onofre couldn't understand a word of it but loved the action shots ... and I was scared shitless. It was great fun, and Hazen left 'round 10. I then dottled off to bed, still not feeling well.
When I woke up this morning I felt a lot better. I've just lazed around the house today. The boys are out volunteering... I was going to go w/ them but I decided sleep was more important haha. I've been listening to JBT on repeat for hours now and have have been talking to Tamara on the phone for almost as long, it's great to catch up w/ her !
I'm trying to figure out what the hell to wear... this is such an ordeal and I wish it wasn't. It isn't an ordeal except when I have to dress for work 'cause I have to follow a strict dresscode pfft. Jeans and a tee-shirt aren't allowed. I wish they'd just supply us w/ a uniform.
I believe my grandma is dying. No, it's not that sad. She has severe dimensia but in the last few days she's gone downhill so much. Her body is starting to fail her and she wages a constant war against her mind. I got out of the shower today to find her crying in the kitchen b/c it was her bed time and she needed to get back to her bed but she was lost. It was 1 in the afternoon and our house is small, you can see her suite from the kitchen. I'm a bit worried, she seems to really not be comprehending things as of late. I guess we'll just see, but there really isn't much we can do anymore. She's got severe problems w/ her ankles which makes it hard to walk but she won't do what the doctors say so it's just making things worse. My mom is tired of being her mother's parent, it's really wearing her down but now more than ever my Grama needs help but I don't know how to give it to her and my mom is on the verge of depression.
Thank God for JBT, who I never would have found if it weren't for Hazen so thank God for him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment