Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Good.

So on Monday I walked into Sooke with Tuzzi, it was great ! I walked along the road and found out that Tuzzi is most definely scared of cars but maybe he'll get over it =]
Then on Tuesday I biked into Sooke for my meeting, it was great !
I am really enjoying the physical activity, and the beautiful place that we live in. Here's my theory...
In order to be a whole and balanced person, you must use your body just as much as you use your mind.
So lately I've been crazy using my mind trying to achieve new things and trying to get things done. Going up and above expectations for my schoolwork in some subjects and trying my hardest only to fail in others. I've been stressing out about my life without any way to unleash it from my body... and then I walked into Sooke.
It was amazing, there are two moments that stick out for me. One when I came to a patch of the road that completely borders the ocean, like sometimes the road gets wet. I stood there and watched the water, it was so beautiful. The sky was orange in one corner and the rocks and trees were sillouhetted along with the spray. Then once I got into Sooke I was cutting through a trail which used to be a driveway, which used to lead up to the house that my dad grew up in. It was so astounding to stand next to my father's childhood home and look up at the stars as the bats flitted around me. I bet you he stood at that exact spot and watched those stars when he was my age.
I haven't walked or biked into Sooke today, or yesterday which sucks. I would really like too but I have other commitments. I will take a walk up to the lake tonight though, clear my thoughts. I'm so glad that I've found this way of just letting go, of just creating balance w/in myself. And hey, maybe I'll lose some weight too !

No comments:

Post a Comment