Saturday, September 5, 2009

EMCS

I'm not ready to go back to school. I'm going back to school feeling like I haven't accomplished the summer that I wanted. I haven't smoked enough joints, haven't downed enough bottles. I haven't walked along enough beaches, I haven't swam in enough lakes. I haven't spent enough nights camping, and I haven't shopped enough.
I've worked too much, and fought too much. I've spent too much time wishing I was somewhere else.
I wonder if this is how I'll feel on the eve of my graduation, "no, no, please. I'm ready to grow up, I just don't feel I've done enough childish things yet..." School is school but for me right now it's also a dissapointment. School isn't somewhere I hate, in fact I usually like school one heck of a lot but it means the ending of my summer and I'm just not ready for that yet. 3 months ago I thought that I'd have the best summer ever, full of drunken nights and warm breezes. I've done a lot this summer that I've liked, I've had a decent summer but I spent way too much time wishing I was somewhere else, doing something else.
And what do I have to show for it ?
I have a strengthened relationship w/ Hazen. and I guess I should just shut up b/c that's good enough for me

No comments:

Post a Comment