Saturday, July 25, 2009

we're alone like a crutch, maybe that's what keeps us up... all night with the light on

I'm sitting here drinking my tea and contemplating the world. That's what you're supposed to do each morning right ?
Hazen is biking his way in my direction so we can both head up to Barb's to babysit her boys 'till 2. With no way into the little city looks like we're spending the day @ the lake, which is fine with me =] Eventually we'll have to find our way though, since I work @ the restaurant from 130 - 330... we'll manage the layover with a sundae.
Yesterday my Great Aunt Daphne arrived, she's about 4 ft tall and has an English accent and I love her. First time I met her was yesterday. Here's how it went...
Well she arrived just as I was leaving to go to Hazen's yesterday so we sort of met but not really. Anyway I'm sitting at the computer typing an e-mail but have writer's block so am balancing the phone on my forehead trying to procrastinate. The phone rings, scaring the living crap out of me. I go "WOAH" and fall off my chair. She kindly looks at me and says,
"are you allright love ?"
Maybe these 2 weeks won't be too bad.
You know what I hate ?
When you say something and it causes a great inconvience for someone else, but you neve realized that it would effect the situation so much. When you screw things up for another person by saying something that was not marked, labeled or flagged as a potential big-deal. It's a hard position to be in, feeling bad and feeling screwed.
Well the babysitting job calls ....

No comments:

Post a Comment