Sunday, July 26, 2009

Believers, but in a different Gospel

Have you ever had a moment, that made you believe in majic ?
A mid summer storm can produce such a moment. A moment where I find myself in a small city which I know, but stome parts still remain a mystery. The rain spatteres down, slowly cleaning us. In the middle of this city of service the smell of mother nature rises up. Beneath our concrete the world breathes and exhales on our faces. As we walk along smoothly paved streets w/ cobbled side walks time freezes. Just for us, just for a moment. A moment that could last seconds, or stretch on for hours. How ever long it takes to save us.
The wet pavement reflects the yellow, orange, pink, purple sky. We are alone but the world moves on around us, as we prance over railroad tracks and strutt across crosswalks temporarily unneeded. Time to us is frozen, we are frozen in our time, in our moment and yet we are able to dance not offending anything.
Where we go once we reconnect w/ reality, I don't want to say it doesn't matter but it feels that it matters less. We now have a clean slate, as teh rain has cleaned our bodies this moment of lucidity has cleaned our soulds. This moment is our Jubilee Year.
It feels like there is only 2 of us, even though I can see others. They are mearely passing ships in the storm. It is maybe just us 2, this moment given specificaly to us. The other ones I see, I wonder if they too feel cleansed and revolutionized. Somehow I doubt it. This moment is for us. Me and him. A new start for us as individuals and a new start for us as a couple. The toils and tears of the past weeks lay on the ground, dissolving in a puddle. There is only realization. A renewal, a re-birth. Phase 2.
Maybe moments like this happen all the time but they are only revealed to certain people. Only shown when they will make the impact. I've seen summer storms before, but never have I expirienced one like this. This is the moment we are clean, the moment we are let into a small portion of the secret, a small portion of what the meaning of life truly is.
I look and I see the sillouhette of the outskirts of a city, behind it the sky is on fire. The colours of hope span across it. He grabs my hand and we are still as thunder rumbles across us. When I look up at the sky hope reaches my eyes but to my ears the Earth must be shattering. I guess it's a good thing I am able to recognize both.
Then his lips prses against mine and lightning forks, cutting across the nearby rainbow. His kiss grows in power and his hand become entangled in my hair. I never thought I would be here, never thought I would be this in love. Never thought I would be kissed in the middle of the road in the midst of a warm summer storm. Our lips break apart and I gasp for breath, my head feels light. I snuggle into his arms and I can see the rainbow reflected in his eyes. Soem would follow it but I know my collection of gold, is right here in my arms.
The power of love and of nature brings me to my knees and I am lost for words. Some people believe in a God, and some in justice. I believe in nature. I believe that this storm was congured for 2 teens struggling to keep their love working. I believe that just as it has in this moment of happening when I am gone nature will rise up in anguish of my death and claim my essence.
This summer storm has planted me again, and re-kindled my love. I have crossed a line. Seen another side to what is no longer just a 3 dimensional world. I've crossed that line w/ him, and there's no going back now.
This summer storm has planted me again.


1 comment: