Thursday, July 30, 2009

we aren't afraid of the dark, just the unknown

For many a town at night is a scary place, the thought of empty streets and thousands of hiding places sends chills down their spines. For others, it's freedom.
There are many reasons teens sneak out of the house, in the dead of night. Most of them are heading elsewhere, maybe to a party or a secret rendevouz. No matter their destination whether it be the bottom of a bottle or a lover's arms there is a pause which the night-goer experiences. A quiet time where they roam the streets, enroute.
I love being able to walk the streets of my local town in the middle of the night. I don't do it very often and when I do I'm usually heading for one place. Being able to walk in the middle of the road, at your own pace w/out having to worry about disturbing anyone or anyone mowing you down w/ their car is a very freeing feeling. It's safe and quiet, all the neighbouring houses are asleep but if you really needed them they would come to your rescue, they would protect you. But for now they stand as silent watch gaurds, their presence creating and keeping the danger at bay.
For some silent streets in the middle of the night is a scary prospect, one enough to keep you in your bed.
For me a town asleep is at my disposal and never do I feel more that I can wonder the world, and no one can stop me.
So if you like the freedom, of a world at peace becareful to tip-toe past the shut doors of authority and slip out the window into prosperity. Remember not to be careless, but the world isn't as scary as you think. The things that go bump in the night, are just teens running to each other's arms behind their parent's back.
No matter how much one enjoys the thrill of the sneak, the freedom of the peacefull snoozing or the enticement of their escapades, there is nothing like the feel of relief and triumph of returning to your bed... un-noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment