Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I can still remember, the words and what they meant. As we etched them with our fingers in years of we cement

Have you ever thrown out something that at some point you could never have concieved you'd be able to live w/out ?
Over the past couple of days I've been cleaning out my room, empyting the shelves and taking the pictures off the walls. I feel like starting over, and my room needs a reno !
As I take the papers off the shelf, and the stuffies out from under the bed the memories that cling to them come rushing into my mind. Some I gently place in seperate bags, headed to a certain person's life and others I cast off into the garbage. Fast and furious, as if if I linger too long they will some how attatch themselves to my hand and I will never be able to get rid of them. The speed in which I tackle this project veries, sometimes speeding to a frenzy, in which one of the things I love reached out and stabbed me. The blood leaked out of my hand in 4 different spots and I knew I must slow down. Tough love from a sharp memory. It's hard to let go of your childhood, in many ways I already have. I can think of a specific moment when my childhood really ended, and it was the day we moved to my current house. I wasn't strong enough then to let go of the physical tokens of my past endeavors but now I feel I am. Instead of clutching on to them, hoping that if I squeeze hard enough they'll take me back to a happier better time I am going to send them on their way. They deserve a great parade, a send-off full of galantry ! Unfortunately I don't have a marching band, or a banner proclaiming how much they've helped me get to the point where I can let them go, so I'll just have to let the tears fall and hope they can recognize a moment where I couldn't have lived without them in every glistening drop.










1 comment: