Sunday, April 4, 2010

yes, yes, allright. I always get it mixed up, your birthday I mean. I always think it's on the 28th, even though you've told me a million times it's the 27th. But you always think mine is the 4th. Last year you did a big thing for my birthday, and I was shocked. But you were home then, and we were best friends. Things have changed.
yes, I did pretty much nothing for your birthday this year.
But you live a million miles away
and you don't phone me and tell me about your day anymore
and deep down I'm still mad at you
for leaving me and and breaking my heart
then coming back and making me whole again,
only to dart off without even telling me you were going
or even saying goodbye.
You see I'm used to you leaving,
and maybe I make a little less effort because I feel that you feel we're not important
maybe you make more effort so I'll think we are significant.
You're the one that taught me how to live without you,
and if it wasn't for facebook, I wouldn't know if you were alive or not.

But when it all comes down to it,
you've broken my heart so many times,
and so much worse than a boy ever could.
So I don't put in as much effort as I used to,
but you weave in and out of my life
and my heartstrings
not putting up any warning signals
and not caring about the destruction you make.

dear Tamara, you're my best friend.
but this yo-yo thing, it confuses me

I never know when to love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment