Thursday, December 3, 2009

untitled

All the smoke is hazy
as I walk into the bar.
The lights are many colors
but still I cannot see far.

I thought I was running late
but it seems I'm just in time.
On the stage the show is starting
and the girl sparkles through the grime.

She spins her frilled umbrella
'round and 'round her head.
There are dreams behind her eyes
unfortunately long since dead.

She courageously strutts and dips
as I head towards my seat.
Now she's standing over me
and I'm looking at my feet.

The place it corruptly reeks
of marriages in their dead end.
There is a false hope hanging
just around the bend.

I really feel I shouldn't be here,
it's only for the girl I show up.
The men with their prying fingers
make me want to throw up.

I don't want to see her in the feathers.
I don't want to see her in the tassles.
I want to see her in the meadows.
I want to see her in the castles.

My arm shoots away from me,
and searches to find her hand.
"Let me take you away from here
love, come to a new land."

She smiles slowly down at me
"Darlin I'm gonna go far.
Don't worry about me,
babe I'm gonna be a star"

No comments:

Post a Comment